NotesRepair allows you to detect and attempt repair of problems with the Lotus Notes client configuration files. This application has the ability to compact your workspace and databases outside the Lotus Notes client.
Problems that commonly happen with the Lotus Notes client have the following symptoms:
- Memory allocation errors (often called the Red Box of Death)
- File handle errors.
- Database that displays or behaves incorrectly.
The actual problem may be caused by:
- Corruption of desktop file (desktopN.ndk)
- Corruption of personal address book (names.nsf)
- Corruption of configuration file NOTES.INI
- Corruption of other supporting databases.
Some of these problems are caused by a PC or file server holding the Lotus Notes data files crashing unexpectedly and not being able to correctly update and close files.
This application is also well suited to Domino Administrators and Customer Support staff who want to provide their users with an effective method to diagnose and fix client problems.
|Download||NotesRepair v220.127.116.11 (Size 4,827 KiB) Freeware
SHA256 Hash = 2866e9c97d0f41efb9583a04e70fe387a022ecb27ce2cbe3e49055da9b23903f
R6, R7, R8.x
Extract all the files into the same directory.
Run LaunchNR.exe to begin.
- Collect and display basic information about the PC.
- Determine if there is sufficient free disk space in the Lotus Notes data directory.
- Determine where Lotus Notes is installed and where the Lotus Notes data files are located.
- Display information about the Lotus Notes client.
- Check version of Lotus Notes client installed against a minimum required version.
- Halt all existing Lotus Notes processes before executing the repair process.
- Determine if basic Lotus Notes files/databases are present and configured.
- Tests the NOTES.INI file for basic invalid structure and content.
- Provide a customised default NOTES.INI file should it be corrupted.
- Provide customised client setup instructions for the user should the NOTES.INI file be corrupted.
- Tests to see if free disk space is available in both the %TEMP% and Notes data paths.
- Optionally delete the Notes cache file (cache.ndk)
- Optionally delete the Notes log database (log.nsf)
- Optionally compact the Notes workspace file (desktopN.ndk)
- Check the integrity of databases (using fixup process)
- Compact databases (using compact process with switches -c -D)
- Database selected for above integrity and compaction covers the following databases if they exist; log.nsf, bookmark.nsf, names.nsf, perweb.nsf, headline.nsf, journal.nsf, busytime.nsf, mail.box, smtp.box
- Optionally perform integrity check and compaction over all databases under the Lotus Notes data path.
- Optionally perform integrity check and compaction over all template databases under the Lotus Notes data path.
- If a problem was found with one of the following databases then it will be deleted as Lotus Notes will automatically recreate it when restarted; log.nsf, perweb.nsf, headline.nsf, busytime.nsf, AgentRunner.nsf, mail.box, smtp.box
- If a problem was found with one of the following databases then it will be recreated from a template; bookmark.nsf, names.nsf, journal.nsf
- Allow for customised user error messages based upon a specific Lotus Notes error.
- Provide customised helpdesk contact instructions for the user.
- Optionally save and/or email the activity log of the repair process to a predefined mail box upon detection of an error.
- Allow the user to save the activity log of the repair process.
- Cater for customised file names for common databases and templates.
For more information please refer to the NotesRepair.hlp file in the download.