LogOff is a command-line utility that allows you to log off, shutdown, or restart your PC or server. It is quite useful when included in batch/command script and now features a delay timer.
- Allows you to perform the logoff/reboot/shutdown operation after a specified amount of time.
- Suitable for Windows 10, 8, Vista, 7
Operating System: Windows 10, 8, Vista, 7
Extract the LogOff.exe file into a directory anywhere on your PC.
Type LogOff to display help.
Usage: LOGOFF [/LOGOFF | /REBOOT | /SHUTDOWN | /POWEROFF] [/FORCE] [/T:nn]
- /LOGOFF Shuts down all processes running in the security context of the user/process running the LogOff program. Then it logs the user off.
- /REBOOT Shuts down the system and then restarts the system.
- /SHUTDOWN Shuts down the system to a point at which it is safe to turn off the power. All file buffers have been flushed to disk, and all running processes have stopped.
- /POWEROFF Shuts down the system and turns off the power. The system must
support the power-off feature.
- /FORCE is an additional switch which forces processes to terminate and log off. When this flag is set,
Windows does not send end session messages to applications currently
running. This can cause the applications to lose data.
Therefore, you should only use this flag in an emergency.
/FORCE can be used when the desktop is locked.
- /T:nn Performs action after waiting specified number of seconds.
Pressing the ESC key will quit the countdown.
Pressing the DEL key will perform the action immediately.
For REBOOT, SHUTDOWN, and POWEROFF switches running..
- Windows 10, 8, Vista, 7 : The calling process must have system shutdown privilege.