This tool is for Netware support staff who would like to allow their users the ability to easily know the size of their quota on the Netware file server.
- Display the quota on demand.
- Display the quota if it has reached within a specified KiB of the maximum.
- Windows XP, 2000 clients (may work on other versions)
- Netware client for Netware 6 (needs Calwin32.dll)
- You need to be logged into a valid Netware account.
- Works only on drives and paths that have a Netware quota applied.
Extract the file onto a Netware server volume where the users have access to it.
If you have ZenWorks (or similar application delivery software like MS SMS) then you can create a NAL object to run this on demand.
You could also insert this into the user login script so that it will display the quota is within a specified amount of the user's maximum quota.
NWQuota [/T | /D] [drive:][path] [space]
/T Test minimum space is not exceeded.
/D Display user's quota.
drive:path Netware drive and/or path to examine.
space Minimum free quota space required.
In Kilobytes. 0 is no quota.
Test Free Disk Space Example:
Test H: drive has at least 10MB free space.
NWQuota /t h: 10240
If the amount of free disk space is less than the specified amount then the program will display a dialog box with the user's quota in red.
If the amount of free disk space is more than the specified amount then the program will terminate without displaying the user anything.
Display User's Quota:
Show the quota for the user's H: drive and warn user if less than 10MB of free space.
NWQuota /d h: 10240
The program will display a dialog box with the user's quota.