PlaySound is a small utility that allows you to play various sound files interactively or via a command-line.
PlaySound will play the following sound files *.wav, *.mp3, *.wma, *.snd, or *.au provided that you have the associated codec already installed.
- Extract the file PlaySound.exe into a directory anywhere on your PC.
- If need be, copy sound files to the same path as PlaySound.exe
- Run PlaySound.exe
- Double click on the sound file you want to play OR select it and press the [Enter] key to play.
- Clicking on another sound file will stop one that is currently playing and begin playing the new sound OR pressing the [Enter] key will replay the sound from the start.
- Buttons at the top of the program will Replay, Pause, and Stop the sound.
- The Browse button will allow you to choose anther directory.
Sound files can be played from the command-line via a parameter.
PlaySound.exe <sound file>
Enclose the file in quotes to allow for spaces in path or filename.
Environment Variables are supported.
REM Sample Batch File PlaySound.exe "c:\Sound Files\Demo.mp3" cls